The battle lasted 3 days, with no clear winner. It was a horrific battle, and so much blood was shed there that in places the ground could not absorb it. So many where dying they could not all be brought the White Knife. The whole Host was infected over by Ganth's madness.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Seeker's Mask, "Interim I" (Kothifir Encampment: 54th of Spring) — " 'Remember what day this is: thirty-four years ago your father ran mad as a gelded rathorn and most of us ran after him, all the way to death in the White Hills.' "
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Seeker's Mask, "Part I", III — "He had marched down into the White Hills where all seven kings were engaged in one of their usually bloodless squabbles and had attacked without parley, although his Host was not only greatly outnumbered but faced with the kings' Kencyr mercenaries as well. The end, after three bloody days, had been a stalemate and exile for the handful of surviving Knorth."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Sea of Time, "Chapter V: An Unexpected Guest", I — "when his father had marched out the Northern Host to disastrous battle in the White Hills […] Then he had thrown down the Highlord's collar in petulant despair and gone away, leaving them to fend for themselves in a world echoing hollowly with his departure."
- ↑ Bound in Blood, "Chapter IV: In the Moon Garden", I — " 'Anyway, the night that the shadow assassins came, […] Things moved fast then. Ganth ran mad when he saw what he believed to be all of his womenfolk dead and away he marched with the Kencyr Host to collect their blood price in the White Hills.' ' "With the smoke of their pyres rising at his back." ' Lyra spoke as one reciting an old, well-known story."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 8: Voices of the Past" — " 'When the Kencyr lords, his own allies, let the Seven Kings strip him of power, he threw down his name as well, in a sense leaving it and his shame with them in the Riverland.' "
- ↑ Blood and Ivory: A Tapestry, "Among the Dead" — " 'In the White Hills you threw down your name as well as your title and stormed off into a self-imposed exile. You say they forced you? Did you fight them? No. You had to make your grand gesture. They must love you, obey you without question, or Perimal take them all.' "