Gerridon is the Master of Knorth and the former Highlord and Lord Knorth. His fear of death led him to deal with Perimal Darkling, and his treachery caused the Fall. He wanted immortality on his own term, though, not from the shadows, as the Changers got it.
Gerridon is missing his left hand, thanks to Jame; she panicked when he tried to draw her into the beribboned marriage bed, and slashed at him with the knife Terribend had given her, "again and again". He wears a silver glove to disguise the missing part; it is hollow.
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 1: Fire and Ice" — "So Gerridon of Knorth had indeed been judged a traitor, bereft of rights,"
- ↑ The Sea of Time, "Chapter XIX: A Walk into Shadows", I — "Jame suspected that there had been a change in Gerridon’s plans since the Fall. He still wanted immortality, but on his own terms, not as a consuming gift from the shadows. She remembered the rebel changers […] Perhaps they had gotten the idea from Gerridon himself. If he was to defy Perimal Darkling, he needed a place to stand. Where else if not on Rathillien,"
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 11: Into Shadows" — "'Poor Jamie. No one ever explains anything to you, do they? If Gerridon had the last time, you might not have panicked, and he would still have both hands.'"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 11: Into Shadows" — "the other, mere emptiness in a silver glove […] The hand closed on her wrist. In a blind panic, she slashed at it again and again until…"
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 13: Converging Paths" — "The silver glove on his left hand flashed, then the lintel of the doorway hid him."