The golden willow is a specific tree that engages in frequent arboreal drift. In Seeker's Mask, Jame and Kindrie ride it, and in To Ride a Rathorn, it comes again, and Gorbel's foot gets infected with it's roots.
- ↑ The Sea of Time, "Chapter XX: A Season of Fog", I — "A writhing node of rootlets passed over him like so many wooden snakes, stiff and acreak with the sap just beginning to flow through them. For a moment the tree’s full weight sagged into the hole, pressing him down into the mud. Then it lifted, and the golden willow churned on its way."
- ↑ Bound in Blood, "Chapter XVI: Gothregor and Tentir", VI — "The scene in the square later that morning strongly reminded Jame of the past summer's muster to hunt the rathorn, which a wandering golden willow and other natural hazards had frustrated."
- ↑ Honor's Paradox, "Chapter IX: Echoes of Kothifir", I — " 'What happened to you?' 'Storm threw me. We were tracking a rogue golden willow and it charged us.' 'You didn’t fell it, did you?' 'That would require it to stand still first. Trinity, I hate arboreal drift.' "
- ↑ Seeker's Mask, "Part III: The Riverland", II
- ↑ To Ride a Rathorn, "Chapter XIII: Blood and Ivory"