Karkinor is an ancient princedom in central Rathillien on the east bank of the River Silver, south of Hathir, north of Nekrien, and east of Bashti. Its capital is Karkinaroth on the River Tardy. They have always had close ties to the Kencyrath because Karkinaroth is built around a Kencyr temple.
Karkinor does not have a standing army, but are able to scrape together 9,000 to 10,000 tropes when they need to.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 2: The Hell Hunt" — "The first was a formal note from Prince Odalian of Karkinor, an ancient princedom far to the south near the Cataracts."
- ↑ Bound in Blood, "Chapter XIII: A Day in the Life", II — " 'Here's an ollin from Karkinaroth, and a copper bool from Hurlen,' "
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 9: The Haunted Palace" — " 'He visited Karkinaroth about twenty years ago when Odalian's father was prince.' "
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Maps"
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 2: The Hell Hunt" — "His family, the Agontiri, had always had close ties to the Kencyrath because their capital city—in fact, their very palace—was built around a Kencyr temple."
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 14: Gathering Forces" — " 'So the Prince made it after all,' Torisen said to Harn. 'How many troops, d'you think?' Harn peered down the slope, shading his eyes. 'Nine, maybe ten thousand. Not bad considering Karkinor has no standing army. Still, we'll see how long this lot stands when things get lively.' "