Keral was the son of Daron, a Randir Highborn, and an unknown Kendar woman. He joined Gerridon in his betrayal of the Kencyrath that became the Fall, and stayed with him, becoming a Changer. Keral's actions during the Fall were especially infamous.
Keral is known for his cruality. During the Fall, he burnt out the eyes of Arrin-ken with coals. He tormented Jame during her time in the Master's House. She had kept the broken-off hind leg of a wooden cat figurine that Winter had carved for her and Torisen, and when Keral saw her with it, he burnt it. He also threatened to feed her to Iron-jaw, a haunt. He always said Tirandys was a spoilsport for teaching her how to fight back.
- ↑ Bound in Blood, "Chapter IV: In the Moon Garden", I — "why in Perimal's name had the Randir brought a darkling changer with her to Gothregor, much less the Master's favorite pet, Keral…"
- ↑ Blood and Ivory: A Tapestry, "Among the Dead" — " 'No, not Gerridon. Keral, his faithful dog. Where is your master?' "
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 1: Fire and Ice" — " 'So I'm the fool, am I, for having chosen the winning side and won immortality? You could rot for all your precious god cares, but I tell you my lord values me, as the Darkness does him, and both will avenge me!' […] as for your master, we suspect that he too will be glad to see the last of you. Look at yourself, Keral."
- ↑ To Ride a Rathorn, "Chapter XIV: To Ride a Rathorn", I — "On the hearth, in the Master's hall, the changer Keral burned out my eyes."
- ↑ Honor's Paradox, "Chapter V: The High Council", V — "Until the changer Keral had taken it from her and dropped it into the fire over her furious protests. 'No mementos for you, brat. This is your home now.' "
- ↑ To Ride a Rathorn, "Chapter IX: School Days", II — "It had been her father's warhorse Iron-jaw, the one that had turned into a haunt. The changer Keral had threatened to feed her to it."
- ↑ Dark of the Moon, "Chapter 1: Fire and Ice" — " 'Just like old times, eh? I always said Tirandys was a spoilsport for teaching you how to fight back.' "