Kithra originally came to Tai-tastigon from Tenzi, Skyrr, to work at the Skyrrman. Naturally ambitious and intent in raising her social standing, Kithra seduced Marplet. Her plan backfired though, and instead turned Marplet against her.
Jame first saw Kithra out the window of the Skyrrman. Later that day, when Niggen tried to crush Jame and Cleppetty with a wooden beam, Kithra witnessed it. She reacted with horror when she saw the beam moving, and Jame, seeing Kithra's reaction, understood what was happening in time to move.
A few days later, Niggen tried to rape Kithra, and she ran into the street. Jame, seeing this, knocked him into the air, declaring, "If you touch that girl again, I shall gladly knock out whatever teeth you have left." Later that night, Marplet whipped Kithra, by way of having someone to punish for Niggen's humiliation, and threw her out. Across the square, Cleppetty and Jame took her in, tended to her wounds. She was promptly adopted into the Res aB'tyrr. After Jame beat up Niggen, Kithra liked Jame.
At the Res aB'tyrr, Kithra worked as a serving girl. She was also the one who made Jame's B'tyrr costume.
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 5: Winter Days" — "Kithra had come from her home in Tenzi canton a year ago to work at his inn, and by dint of some very skillful seduction had finally ended up in his bed. This should have greatly improved her social position, but she had reckoned without Marplet's intense misogyny. Her ploy had only earned his contempt."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book I: Tatters of Dusk, "Chapter 2: The House of Luck-Bringers" — "Here a slim, black-haired girl leaned out of a window to stare down at them. Jame […] almost shied before she saw that the other's hands were empty and her expression showed only curiosity. For a moment their eyes met. Then the road twisted away behind the inn, and the brief contact was broken."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book I: Tatters of Dusk, "Chapter 3: Into the Labyrinth" — "a slim figure darted out into the street ahead of her, closely pursued. Cloth ripped as hunter and hunted converged. The slighter of the two reeled into the opposite wall, clutching the remains of her bodice over small white breasts. Jame saw that it was the black-haired servant girl. Niggen was standing in the middle of the road with the torn fabric in his hand, giggling."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book I: Tatters of Dusk, "Chapter 3: Into the Labyrinth" — "Then they both ran out and helped the sobbing, half-naked girl into the kitchen where the widow brought out a jar of ointment and began to dress the whip cuts on her back."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book I: Tatters of Dusk, "Chapter 3: Into the Labyrinth" — " 'Tuby,' said the widow, 'we will have to keep her.' […] 'Of course, we will,' he said."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 11: The Storm Breaks" — "regarded it with raised eyebrows and a look oddly compounded of perplexity, amusement, and distaste on her handsome face. Kithra found herself wishing, not for the first time, that the Talisman really was a boy."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 7: The Feast of Fools" — "The costume… what a time they had had making it. Tight black cloth, some leather, much skin showing in unexpected places… how pleased Kithra had been with it in the end, and how shocked the widow was."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book III: Shroud of Days, "Chapter 14: Untempling of the Gods" — "she believed that Rothan and Kithra had come to a similar understanding."
|At the Res aB'tyrr|