Kothifiran street fighting, also called Kothifir street-fighting, is a kind of martial art practiced in Kothifir.
It can be very graceful.
In To Ride a Rathorn, Brier uses Kothifiran street fighting at Tentir, also incorporating aspects of the Senethar, when sparing with Jame. She is marked down for this, as it's not a Kencyr tradition, and mixing the Kencyr Senethar with the Kothifiran style is though of as perverting Kencyr traditions. Jame is impressed, though, and asks Brier to tutor her in it. Brier tutors her though Bound in Blood. At the end of Honor's Paradox, when Torisen challenges Jame, he uses a little Kothifiran street fighting.
In Kothifir in The Sea of Time, Jame sees many people practicing Kothifiran street fighting. During the Summer Solstice, she sees the Earth Wife's Favorite and the Challenger using the style in their fight during the ceremony. Brier and Amberley fight using it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Sea of Time, "Chapter XIV: Winter Solstice" — "Amberley crouched and swung a leg to trip Brier. The Southron dived over it. They were fighting in earnest now, Kothifir style, with sweeping feet and acrobatic grace. […] Amberley swept Brier’s feet out from under her. Brier rolled over her shoulder back onto them."
- ↑ To Ride a Rathorn, "Chapter V: A Length of Rope", III
- ↑ Bound in Blood, "Chapter VI: Blades Unsheathed", I — " 'I still want to learn Kothifir street-fighting.' […] 'Whenever you like… Lordan.' "
- ↑ Bound in Blood, "Chapter XIII: A Day in the Life", III — "Jame didn't tell her that Brier was also finally tutoring her in Kothifir street-fighting, something that Tentir with its reverence for tradition had never sanctioned. To her mind, though, what worked, worked."
- ↑ Honor's Paradox, "Chapter XIX: Challenge", IV — "Torisen reversed suddenly with a move from Kothifir street-fighting. Jameth blocked awkwardly […] She came back with a Kothifir counterblow that knocked the Highlord off his feet. The Commandant watched with interest: he had heard that the Southron Brier was training the lordan, but hadn’t guessed that her lessons had proceeded so far."
- ↑ The Sea of Time, "Chapter III: Summer Solstice", II