Jame first sees Gorgo when he's having a far-seer read his future in bones. He asks "Will all be well?" to which the bones say "No." After that, the far-seer goes to Jame, tells his that Loogan is foolish, but not a bad man, and urges her to "Spare him if you can."
In at attempt to experiment on the gods of Tai-tastigon, Jame chooses Gorgo as her test subject, thinking both god and priest to be clownish. Jame succeeds in destroying Gorgo, and Loogan is devastated. Later, Jame regrets this, and helps Loogan resurrect him.
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 8: Voices of the Past" — "Loogan the high priest was holding forth in front of it for the benefit of a small, dutiful congregation,"
- ↑ Seeker's Mask, "Part III: The Riverland", VII — " 'Sweet Trinity. Did Gorgo swallow you, or are you wearing him?' 'I don't know what's going on,' said Loogan crossly. 'We were both in the temple, preparing for the evening rites, when this happened. In fact, if I squint, I can still see the sanctuary.' "
- ↑ The Sea of Time, "Chapter III: Summer Solstice", II — "Rain pattered in their wake. Gorgo, thought Jame, happy to see an almost familiar face, or faces. She wondered how he and his priest Loogan were doing in Tai-tastigon. Sooner or later, she would have to find out."
- ↑ God Stalk, Book I: Tatters of Dusk, "Chapter 3: Into the Labyrinth" — " 'What do you mean, "No"?' he was saying angrily. 'What sort of answer is that?' […] 'Now see here: I don't read these things for the fun of it. You ask me "Will all be well"; the bones tell me that all won't. There the message ends. But as a far-seer I can tell you this much more: a deadly force is all too near you even now and will come nearer still. You will provoke it; and what it begins, you will finish.' […] Jame suddenly found herself looking down into a pair of worried eyes. 'Foolish as he is sometimes, he's not a bad man," the old woman said to her in an undertone. 'Spare him if you can.' "
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 8: Voices of the Past"
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 10: The Feast of Dead Gods"
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 11: The Storm Breaks"