Maniuplating soul-images is a multifaceted Shanir trait. When aligned with That-Which-Preserves, this means healing: fixing problems in the Soul-image that are reflected in its owner's physical and mental health. When aligned with That-Which-Destroys, Shanir can hurt, or even kill, by manipulating the soul-image.
- Kindrie (Aligned with That-Which-Preserves)
- Rawneth (Aligned with all three)
- Damson (Aligned with That-Which-Destroys)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Honor's Paradox, "Chapter XV: Wilden", I — " 'I heal.' 'No. You can manipulate soul-images and walk the soulscape, as our Lady Rawneth does. Are you greater or lesser than she?' 'That isn’t for me to say.' 'Then I will. You are lesser because you can only heal, not destroy or create.' "
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Honor's Paradox, "Chapter VII: The Day of Misrule", I — "A few small changes in the head…! How much did it take to cause seizures or even death? Damson appeared to be a Shanir linked to That-Which-Destroys, her power an inversion of a healer’s in that it allowed her to hurt without touching, apparently without even much thought."