Melissand attempts to purchase the stolen Peacock Gloves from Jame during the Feast of Fools, to regain the hidden letter between her and Prince Ozymardien's bride, "the most beautiful virgin in the Eastern Lands".
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 7: The Feast of Fools" — "The Lady Melissand managed a small, very select establishment just off the street of ribbons, where her commoner sisters plied their trade. On the outside, it looked like quite a plain, sedate house; inside, however, there was a lush courtyard garden with fountains, flowering trees, and birds of brilliant plumage flying about freely under a lacework dome. Bursts of laughter and an occasional moan came from both the shrubbery and the rooms above"
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 5: Winter Days" — "My master will probably support the latter—if he can get his mind off M'lady Melissand long enough—"
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 7: The Feast of Fools"
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 7: The Feast of Fools" — " 'In fact,' she said, frankly appraising Jame, her smile deepening, 'come back no matter what you decide.' 'M'lady,' said Jame rather desperately, 'you'd only be disappointed. Contrary to popular opinion, I am not a boy.' 'My darling goose,' said Melissand, widening her eyes, 'whoever said you were?' "
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 8: Voices of the Past" — "Perfumed notes for the Talisman were delivered every day for a week from the Lady Melissand, whose interest had apparently survived her outwitting."