His mother was a handmaiden in Dalis-sar's temple in Tai-abendra. She had her son, Men-dalis. After he was born, she left the temple to marry a local tradesman, by whom she had a second son, Dally. Still, she arranged for Dalis-sar to adopt Dally so her sons would be full brothers.
At some point, both brothers came to live in Tai-tastigon and join the Thieves' Guild. Men-dalis is called "Master Men-dalis", implying he is a master thief, though it's not clear if he's a landless master, or the landed master of the Gold Ringing District, where his New Faction Headquarters is.
- ↑ God Stalk, Book I: Tatters of Dusk, "Chapter 4: The Heart of the Maze" — " 'brothers have to stick together, the way Mendy and I do.' "
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 5: Winter Days" — " 'Meet Dallen, the brother of Master Men-dalis.' "
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 11: The Storm Breaks" — " 'I'm sorry,' said the secretary, 'but Master Men-dalis doesn't have time to see you today.' "
- ↑ God Stalk, Book I: Tatters of Dusk, "Chapter 2: The House of Luck-Bringers" — "that Tai-abendran upstart, Men-dalis"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Seeker's Mask, "Part III: The Riverland", VII — " 'Loogan, wait! Is everyone all right in Tai-tastigon?' 'Hardly everyone. Men-dalis has got troubles, but I expect you'll hear about that sooner or later.' "
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 5: Winter Days" — " 'My mother was a handmaiden in his temple in Tai-abendra. Actually, I wasn't born until after she'd left to marry a local tradesman, but she arranged for my adoption so I and Mendy, who's a true god's son, would be full brothers.' "