Thal is a Tastigon god, known only by the exclamation "Thal's balls!" It is used by Tastigons like Raffing, one of Theocandi's lieutenants, and Patches, as well as Kencyr like Harn and Jame. From the Kencyr, it's clear that not just just Thal's followers use it. It's popularity is probably due to it rhyming.
- ↑ Honor's Paradox, "Lexicon" — "Thal—a Tastigon god"
- ↑ God Stalk, Book II: Crown of Nights, "Chapter 7: The Feast of Fools" — "Raffing glanced involuntarily up at the darkened window above him. 'Thal's balls, Talisman, I've only just cut him down!' "
- ↑ God Stalk, Book III: Shroud of Days, "Chapter 13: Three Pyres" — "one of the Sirdan's lieutenants slammed down his tankard. 'Thal's balls, man!' he exclaimed thickly. 'What sort of a brother are you not to have helped the Old Man when he needed it?'"
- ↑ "The Talisman's Trinket", II — "Thal’s balls, how long had she been unconscious?"
- ↑ Seeker's Mask, "Interim I: Kothifir Encampment" — " 'Thal's balls, Blackie,' Harn Grip-hard growled from the table, crumbling the report"
- ↑ Honor's Paradox, "Chapter XVI: Tests", II — " 'All this to stop me from graduating Tentir? Thal’s balls, I won’t even be a fully collared randon until I’ve spent two years in the field.' "